In response to Oregon’s urgent statewide need to fill health care positions, the Oregon Employment Department and WorkSource Oregon are hosting a health care job fair from 9 a.m. – noon, Wed., Sept. 22, at Clackamas Town Center.
Oregon’s health care and social assistance providers are hiring at an unprecedented rate. With about 15,000 job vacancies in health care, openings are in direct health care and other positions that support the health care industry, like food service, facilities and business administration.
WorkSource Oregon can help connect employers and qualified job-seekers interested in the health care field. The Oregon Employment Department is one of WorkSource Oregon’s partner agencies.
WorkSource Oregon and its partners offer an array of programs and services to explore like:
- Training at an approved institution for in-demand occupations, including assistance with tuition and other associated costs, such as text books
- Fee assistance for licensure testing or preparatory classes for testing
- Placement in on-the-job training or work experiences with employers
- Entrance in to apprenticeship programs or other earn-and-learn opportunities
- Supportive payments that would lead to success in training (e.g. gas vouchers)
- Paying for necessary equipment or clothing needed for job opportunities
Clackamas Town Center is located at 1200 SE 82nd Ave., Happy Valley, Oregon. For more information on hiring events, available assistance programs, and job-seeker services in your area, contact your local WorkSource Oregon center, follow us on LinkedIn or visit WorkSourceOregon.org.
Source: Oregon Employment Department