- Maybe you're ready to finally return to the office.
- But what about the dog you adopted during the pandemic? Your pup is used to you being around 24/7 while you work remotely.
- To help ease your dog's separation anxiety when you go back to work, dog trainers offer these five tips:
- #1 Start now in small increments - shut the door when you shower or go into your bedroom to get your dog used to being alone.
- #2 Install a camera - it can help you check for any signs of dog distress, like panting or frantic pacing.
- #3 Play calming music - there's actually a playlist called "Through A Dog's Ear" that's designed for a dog's sense of hearing.
- #4 Use aromatherapy - try a little lavender on your dog's collar.
- #5 Use a special collar - Adaptil makes one that mimics a nursing dog's pheromones.
- Read more here
Photo Credit: Getty Images