We’re all hoping 2021 brings us a year without stress or craziness and some long-held superstitions may help with that. Anything’s worth a try, right? There are plenty of New Year’s Eve rituals to choose from.
Remember though, the true definition of superstition is "any blindly accepted belief or notion.” If you still want to give them a try, here are 13 to choose from.
- Kissing at midnight
- Eating black-eyed peas and collard greens
- Making sure your cupboards aren't bare
- Not taking anything out of your home
- No cleaning
- Opening all the doors before midnight
- Eat 12 grapes before midnight
- Don’t loan any money
- No tears
- Eat “lucky” foods
- Put cash in your wallet
- Don’t eat chicken or lobster
- Carry an empty suitcase around
Photo: Getty Images