According to one study by getcenturylink, these states have the most and least amount of Christmas spirit! So let's see who's The Grinch when it comes to the holiday.
For the second year in a row, Florida and Hawaii landed in the bottom five states for Christmas spirit. Then New Mexico.
Utah, Idaho, and Winsconsin are all tied with the most holiday cheer. Utah claimed spots in the top ten rankings for the following categories: Christmas movies, gingerbread houses, Christmas music, and charitable giving.
Oregon came in at #27 as the state with good Christmas spirit, Washington was #32.
The study took into account the following:
- Google searches for Christmas movies and gingerbread houses (29%)
- Online shopping (via Google Shopping Trends) for wrapping paper, Christmas cards, Christmas ornaments, and “Elf on a Shelf” (28%)
- Christmas music streams (14.5%)
- Charitable giving in the last documented tax year, as defined by the IRS (14.5%)
- Tweets about Christmas (7%)
- Number of Christmas tree farms per capita (7%)
(US Map from Getty Images)