While Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas” may be American’s favorite Christmas song, for people in the UK the holiday tune ranks as the number one most annoying Christmas song according to a survey conducted by Huawei. Other songs that made the “most annoying” list included “Last Christmas” by Wham!, 'Baby It's Cold Outside' by Tom Jones and Cerys Matthew and 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' by the Jackson 5. “All I Want For Christmas” played 11 million times last year on Christmas Eve, so it’s no wonder why people may be over it. Who’s not over the holiday hit is Mariah Carey, who released a new version of the song’s video a day after Halloween, the song which turns 25 this year, is the basis of Mariah’s upcoming holiday tour. Which Christmas song are you most annoyed by?
The full survey results for Britain’s most annoying Christmas song is below.
- All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
- Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard
- Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
- Last Christmas - Wham!
- Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl
- Baby It's Cold Outside - Tom Jones & Cerys Matthews
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Jackson 5
- Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
- Jingle Bells - Andrews Sisters
*Keep an eye out for America's Worst*